(Written by Howard, P)
- Excellence in English Year 6 is the last of a series aimed at primary children to help improve their English.
- There are many challenging exercises that will extend their vocabulary, grammar, reading and thinking skills.
- The systematic practice will give confidence to those who may later sit for entrance or scholarship examinations which test English and General Aptitude.
- It is suggested that a child works through the book lk sequentially rather than jumping from one section to I another.
- A dictionary should be consulted to avoid guess-work - especially when the meaning of a multiple-choice word is not known.
- Answers are provided in a centre section for ease of removal. When using this book at home or school, it may be a temptation for a child to look at answers if they remain in the book.