(Written by Howard, P)
- Excellence in Literacy Year 6 is the sixth in a series of graded workbooks designed to help children improve in various aspects of literacy.
- It gives practice in reading comprehension, vocabulary, sentence construction, punctuation and usage.
- Examples are presented in a wide variety of formats.
- This book, as well as Year 5, will be useful for those who sit entrance examinations or scholarships to selective and independent secondary schools.
- These examinations usually include tests in reading and comprehension.
- A dictionary should be consulted to avoid guesswork, especially when meanings are not known.
- Answers are provided in the centre section for ease of removal. When using this book at home or school, it may be a temptation for a child to look at answers if they remain in the book.